Cypress Community Church has been in full compliance with all Monterey County Health Orders, as it relates to COVID-19, beginning March 17, 2020.
Beginning June 7, the elders of Cypress have decided to reconvene in-person Sunday services, in compliance with amendments made by California Gov. Gavin Newsom and Monterey County Health Officer Dr. Edward Moreno. You can find these amendments here.
Our sanctuary can hold in excess of 600 people with five distinct areas, three upstairs and two downstairs. We will host 100 people in the sanctuary at one time, 20-30 people in four of the five sections, with each family unit six feet apart. We will have one hour between services; time to clear and thoroughly clean our facility. Not only this, we commit to the following twenty-five health & safety protocols -
- Online options for both 9:00am and 11:00am services
- Clear signage reiterating the County’s social distancing guidelines
- Separate entrances and exits for each area of the sanctuary
- Restricting the sanctuary to 100 people, twenty in each of the five distinct sections
- All ushers to wear gloves and face masks
- Face masks worn at all times while on campus (except for children 12 years old and under, per county guidelines)
- Face masks made available for people in the parking lot
- Hand sanitizer available in multiple locations
- Yellow tape on pews to clearly identifying six feet distance between family units
- Every second pew taped-off
- All Bibles, pens, connection cards removed from pews
- No offering plates passed, but giving boxes will be available
- No greeting time
- No communion in Sunday services in June
- No refreshments available before, during, or after (such as coffee, doughnuts)
- People dismissed from sanctuary one section at a time
- People encouraged to leave after the service
- Sanctuary and restrooms cleaned between services
- Renting extra outdoor portable restroom facilities
- Restroom waiting areas clearly marked to indicate six feet social distancing
- Sanctuary doors & windows opened one half hour before, during, and one half hour after services
- Self-screening temperatures & symptoms at home.
you are over 65 or have a preexisting condition, please feel free to stay home.
- Our staff, elders, and ushers are responsible to enforce each practice
- Training for staff, elders, and ushers regarding practices and enforcement
As we hope you can see by these measures, the health and safety of our congregation and the community-at-large is of utmost importance to us. Please know that if you don’t feel comfortable attending in-person right now, we will be offering online options for both services. We’re grateful to gather, both in person and online, as we seek to Worship Jesus, Love One Another, and Serve the World!
*please see map of on-campus directions below